Last Updated on 6 October 2020
WHAT WE COLLECT
We get information about you in a range of ways.
Information You Give Us. We collect your name, postal address, email address, phone number, fax number, username, password, demographic information (such as your gender and occupation), device identifiers, IP address, location information, credit card information, and as well as other information you directly give us on our Site or Mobile App. When you interact with others via the Company Mobile App or Company website, we may collect the information you provide about those people you interact with such as name, mailing address, email address, and phone number, or other information that you provide. In certain jurisdictions, we may ask for a government issued ID in limited circumstances where required by law.
Information We Get From Others. We may get information about you from other sources. We may add this to information we get from this Site or Mobile App. We may have received your personal information from other persons if that person has shared their content with you using Company products and services or invited you to participate with them in communications and sharing of information. If you are a potential candidate for employment with Company, we may have received your personal information from third parties such as recruiters or external websites. We will use the personal information we receive to contact you about a potential opportunity or in evaluating your candidacy. If you did not provide us your personal information directly, we will inform you of the source when we first contact you regarding your candidacy. For research and development purposes, we may use datasets such as those that contain, images, voices, or other data that could be associated with an identifiable person. When acquiring such datasets, we do so in accordance with applicable law in jurisdiction in which the dataset is hosted, when using such datasets for research and development, we do not attempt to re-identify individuals who may appear therein.
Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Site or Mobile App, we log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our Site or Mobile App, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Site or Mobile App.
Cookies. We may log information using “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site or Mobile App. This type of information is collected to make the Site and the Mobile App more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information as follows:
- We use your personal information to create, develop, operate, deliver, maintain, and improve our sites,
mobile apps, products, and services.
- We use your personal information to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- We use your personal information to send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, changes of terms and conditions, changes of policies, security alerts, and support and administrative messages. Because this information is important to your interaction with Company, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We use your personal information to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
- We use your personal information to link or combine user information with other personal information.
- We use your personal information to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- We use your personal information account and network security purposes, including in order to protect our services for the benefit of all our users, and pre-screening or scanning uploading content for potentially illegal content, including child-exploitation material. For certain online transactions we may also validate the information provided by you with publicly accessible sources.
- We use your personal information to provide and deliver products and services customers request.
- We may use your personal information, including date of birth, to verify identity, assist with identification of users, and to determine appropriate services. For example, we may use date of birth to determine the age of Company account holders.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve Company’s products, services, and customer communications.
- If you apply for a position at Company or we receive your information in connection with a potential role at Company, we may use your information to evaluate your candidacy and to contact you. If you are a candidate, you will receive more information about how Company handles candidate personal information at the time of application.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share personal information as follows:
- We may share personal information with your consent. For example, you may let us share personal information with others for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
- We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws.
We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share information to comply with laws.
- We may share information with those who need it to do work for us.
- Company shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, extending credit, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever Company operates.
- It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for Company to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate. We may also disclose information about you, but only where there is a lawful basis for doing so, if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. This could include providing information to public or governmental authorities.
- We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
USE OF NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we use it:
- We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, referrer URL, location, and the time zone where a Company product is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
- We may collect and store details of how you use our services, including search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our services. Except in limited instances to ensure quality of our services over the Internet, such information will not be associated with your IP address.
- With your explicit consent, we may collect data about how you use your device and applications in order to help app developers improve their apps. If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Company takes the security of your personal information very seriously. Company store and protect your personal information during transit using encryption such as Transport Layer Security (TLS). When your personal data is stored by Company, we use computer systems with limited access housed in facilities using physical security measures. Data is stored in encrypted form including when we utilize third-party storage.
When you use some Company products, services, or applications or post on a Company forum, chat room, or social networking service, the personal information and content you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to share or submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
INTEGRITY AND RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
THIRD PARTY SITES AND SERVICES
Company websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties − for example, a third-party app. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California consumers have a right to knowledge, access, and deletion of their personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act. California consumers also have a right to opt out of the sale of their personal information by a business and a right not to be discriminated against for exercising one of their California privacy rights. Company does not sell the personal information of California consumers and does not discriminate in response to privacy rights requests.
DO NOT TRACK
Company does not track its customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
NOTICE TO MINORS
Company offers interactive services which allow you to share content publicly or with friends. At any time, you can delete or remove content you have posted using the deletion or removal options within our services. If you have questions about how to remove content in a specific service or if you would like additional assistance with deletion you can contact our Company Support team directly via our website or Mobile App. Although we offer deletion capability for our services, you should be aware that the removal of content may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of that content or information posted through the services.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site or Mobile App with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site or Mobile App works for you.
FEEDBACK AND INFORMATION
The information contained in this website and Hotpyp Mobile App is subject to change without notice.
Copyright © 2020 Hotpyp Inc. All rights reserved.
100 Pringle Ave, Ste 410
Walnut Creek, California 94596